Ok here is the situation I was driving on the highway about 110km/h saw an animal crossing the road and I swerve quickly to the side and lost control and went flying to the ditch I was ok but car is done and cannot be fixed. I told exactly what happen to the police officer and got a $110 ticket from the officer for fail to drive in marked lane. Also no other vehicle was involved just mine alone. I have full coverage and one at fault accident waiver on my insurance. Here are my questions
1. Will Belair insurance pay for my car rental as they told me they have to wait for the police report since in this situation there wasn't any other vehicle involved but I thought a rental is covered in any circumstances if the vehicle is unable to drive.
2. Will this count as one at fault accident since there was not other vehicle involved.
3. Do you think I should go for trial for my ticket which is 3 DEMERIT POINTS?
4. Will my insurance spike up really high with the 3 DEMERIT POINTS?
5. If anyone who had a similar situation and know about Belair please share and let me know what are my chances
1. Your rental is going to be contingent on your coverage (liability only? Loss of use coverage?) and whether or not your insurance company counts you as "at fault" (likely in this case).
3. There is no harm in scheduling an early resolution meeting and requesting disclosure. The process is described on these forums repeatedly.
4. Your insurance company doesn't care about demerit points, the MTO uses those. Your insurance company cares about convictions related to driving. The impact on your insurance is hard to guess at, some won't ding you for a single ticket (unless its REALLY serious).
5.No experience with Bellair sorry.
If you had hit the animal it would not be considered an "at-fault collision", and the loss would be covered under your "comprehensive". Unfortunately, because you swerved to save the animal you put yourself in more danger by losing control and flying into the ditch.
Thanks Mugwug and iFly55 for the reply, so I already got the car rental which was not been authorized by the insurance company they say they will pay for the rental once they get the police report and determine if the car rental and covered or not in the mean time I am paying for it myself. Should I return the car rental and wait for them to get the report because who knows how long they will take to get the report from the police could be weeks and I need a car or I just keep the rental until they get the report and after looking at the report they will decide if the car rental is covered in this situation. In this situation what are my chances of them ending up paying for my rental or vice versa?
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest