A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

hwybear

Posting Awards

What A Day

by: hwybear on

Just finished work. Hwy 401 was snow covered on passing lane, driving lane was track bare with visible ice and slush.

Assisting with a collision as my partner was around a corner, so I parked on the shoulder with lights going, flares on the shoulder to warn drivers about the crash around the corner.

:twisted: ON....do you think ^%@&^%*# drivers would slow down....NO, one driver went by fishtailing, almost lost it.....WTF?... what other reason would I be parked there with the hydro on....I have much better things to be doing with my time in a snow storm, rather than being parked on a shoulder of the hwy.....like being in Tim Hortons!!! I even clocked one person at 137km/hr :shock: going the other way....I'm travelling 65-70km/hr tops all day on the 401. Everyone that I had dealings with in the ditch...were, yup you guessed it, in the passing lane as someone was "going too slow" guess where that slow driver is now.....not in the ditch!! Then seeing others following so close, no way in hell could they stop at even 60km/hr if the vehicle in front stopped. Just yet another day of drivers not changing their habits :twisted:

ok, feel better now!

Last edited by hwybear on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Why am I not surprised...

The motto of most Ontario drivers is that of Super Dave Osborne: "I don't know what I'm doing."

137 in a snowstorm, good grief...

Bookm

by: Bookm on

there there (gently pats Bear on back). here's some hot cocoa.

Reflections

by: Reflections on

He drinks Cafe Mocca's, and don't forget the Boston Creme...... :D

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”