Need Help Asap

emmab

Need Help Asap

Unread post by emmab »

I got a ticket almost 15 days ago and I know you have to fight or pay it by then.

I got a ticket for following too close. weather conditions were good no problems a construction worker walked on the road causing a woman to slam on her breaks in a car than a van than me. I didnt stop in time and hit the van. I got the ticket only. IT makes no ense because if someone hit me than i wouldnt have gotten the ticket.

I need advice should i just pay it or go and plead guilty with an explanation or fight it ?

Please respond I only have so many days left

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

emmab wrote:I . IT makes no ense because if someone hit me than i wouldnt have gotten the ticket.

HUH?

If the van hit the car, the van driver would get a ticket....unless the van was stopped and the force of your vehicle is so great that it pushes the van into the vehicle in front. Same if another vehicle rear ends you, they would get a ticket also. If everyone keeps playing smash-up-derby on the rear of the vehicle in front, they all would get tickets.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
ticketcombat

Unread post by ticketcombat »

Don't panic, you've got lot's of time. First, request a trial. Requesting the trial will buy you time to think and research. It will take months before your trial is scheduled. You can always pay later if you change your mind.

Check out http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic16.html which covers some issues on your charge.

DO NOT CHOOSE GUILTY WITH AN EXPLANATION. It's the same as pleading guilty.

Fight Your Ticket!
emmab

Unread post by emmab »

i went today and got a court date.... i think.. lol..

its not until december i have to go meet with the procescutor first to go over evidence..

Do you think it would be smart to call up the lady in the first car and get her to write something down stating that a construction worker walked on the road?

ticketcombat

Unread post by ticketcombat »

It sounds like the December date is a First Attendance meeting where the prosecutor will try and convince you to plead guilty to a lesser charge. You should request disclosure first. It makes no sense to plead guilty to anything until you have seen the evidence against you which will also include witness statements.

I don't really see the point of getting the first car's testimony without first seeing the witness statements. It doesn't really matter why she braked, the issue will be why you didn't stop in time.

Fight Your Ticket!