Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
Syntaxx

[turn-not In Safety] Help Please Asap?

by: Syntaxx on

Hi, I'm looking for advice. I got a ticket today for "TURN-NOT IN SAFETY ACT 1429(1)" I'm charge with $110 and 2 demerit points. I'm 20 and still have my G2 because I've been putting it off for awhile. I am under my parent's insurance and I can't afford those demerit points.

What happened was, I was looking to make a U-Turn, but I couldn't so I decided to make a left turn instead so that I could make a right turn back into the way I wanted to go. There were signs for left turns and they were quite confusing because there are quite a few of them this is down Queen ST E and Wilson Ave.

I thought I was going to turn into a road, but turns out it was into a building. There was a sign overhead that I saw too late because it was hidden and it said "NO ENTRY" so I instinctively turned away from it so I ended up being in the left side of the road, I was hoping to make a quick turn back into the right side of the road, but there was oncoming traffic so I couldn't go through safely. There were no cars yet in the left side of the road, but then this car and a cop car came in front of me and the cop saw and pulled me over.

my friend said to take it to court because it would be better, if I explained what happened would it help me?

what's the best course to take on this?

And if I get my G ASAP would it help? What are the penalties for 2 demerits on a G2 license? I looked and it said a warning but I'm not sure.

any advice would be greatly appreciated because I've never been in this situation before.

I would like to know what's the best action to take and how should I explain myself.

thank you

edit:

btw on the ticket it says "QUEEN ST E and WILSON AVE"

but I never got stopped in that intersection. I got stopped the intersection before that which is Centre St. N

Post a Reply