Careless Driving Charge After A Week

jayla_sage2000

Careless Driving Charge After A Week

Unread post by jayla_sage2000 »

Hi,

This is the short story to what happened to me, I'm upset and stressed about it and want some advice

I was driving my ex's car and we met in a little bumper accident, The offcer on scene said he wouldnt give me a ticket because it wasnt a big deal but when he asked for the insurance policy, my ex got very upset and didnt want his wife finding out I was driving the car. An altercation occured and they arrested him for obstruction. One week after the incident the officers came to my house and gave me a ticket for careless driving saying that it was because my ex wasnt coorporative and they had to write a ticket for $400

How do I deal with this? do u think I can get the ticket thrown out or reduced?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

Wow, looks like a messed up story.

First off, your ex would have to be in court to testify. The fact that he was arrested for obstruction is not helping crown's case against you.

What has happened, in detail? Bumper benders are not even required to be reported to the police.

If your ex wanted his wife not to know about the fact that you were driving the car, he will now have to explain to his wife that he needs to testify in court against you, so if you can relay that to him he will probably drop his case.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

racer wrote:First off, your ex would have to be in court to testify. The fact that he was arrested for obstruction is not helping crown's case against you.

The ex has nothing to do with the HTA offence to the driver

Bumper benders are not even required to be reported to the police. .

most bumper collisions are reportable (over $1000 damage) Most bumpers are plastic shells that wrap around the back of the vehicle from wheel to wheel. When the bumper is cracked they are just replaced.

Most instances those involved in a MVC stay blocking a lane(s) instead of moving to a close safe location, hence police are called.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

hwybear wrote:Most instances those involved in a MVC stay blocking a lane(s) instead of moving to a close safe location, hence police are called.

I guess the concept of "if it's a fender-bender, pull off the road" is a lost one.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca