msdsaf

Driving 183 On The 401

by: msdsaf on

Hi everyone,

Early Monday morning march 25 at 1 am i was pulled over going 183 on the highway. I was driving back to work to pick something up I had forgotten.

The 401 was filled with big trucks and I was nervous and attempted to take them over and had to speed.

My driver's license has been expired since January. The OPP officer wrote a ticket for driving with an expired license and towed my car away as well as a ticket to face a judge for a stunt driving charge.

I'm very nervous and unaware as to what to do at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, on the summons to defendant note, the office wrote the date wrong. he wrote Issued this day: 25 Feb 2013 where it should have been March.

I have had two speeding tickets before and a handheld ticket. both speeding tickets where for 135 and 140.

Again, any help or advice would be appreciated.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

msdsaf wrote:The 401 was filled with big trucks and I was nervous and attempted to take them over and had to speed.

I suggest you get someone to represent you and never repeat this statement in court.

msdsaf wrote:

Also, on the summons to defendant note, the office wrote the date wrong. he wrote Issued this day: 25 Feb 2013 where it should have been March.

Doesn't really matter. They allow for mistakes like these.

Passing Thru

by: Passing Thru on

Just wondering how trucks make you nervous but going 183 km/h didn't and seemed like the reasonable alternative. Trucks in Ontario are limited to 105 km/h, the flow of traffic (right or wrong) is generally 115-120 km/h. A speed that IMHO would not likely get you pulled over and would easily allow you to pass a truck. You say you were passing and that's why you were speeding. There is never a reason to speed and that won't fly very far in court if you said it. I very rarely see someone traveling as fast as you say you were and the highest I have ever stopped someone on the 401 is 187 km/h because it is just that ridiculously fast.

The date on the ticket isn't fatal, you could be reserved or more likely it will be amended at court to reflect the correct date.

I second Megasilver's advice, slow down, you already have 2 other high speed tickets and a handheld device ticket. You seem to be dangerous on the road and are very lucky you haven't seriously hurt yourself or someone else.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

I've stopped someone for 93 over and they had no prior driving convictions. The fine was $2,000 and a one year suspension. In truth, the Justice wanted to put the driver in jail for a short term had the prosecution and defence not come to an agreement.

I strongly recommend counsel or you may end up in jail.

Post a Reply