testaccount

Redlight Camera Ticket Help

by: testaccount on

I received a redlight camera ticket. It shows my car in the first picture at the line, but the 2nd picture shows an empty intersection.

Is this enough to get the ticket thrown out? If so, how should I go about doing it?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Red light cameras use induction loops buried in the ground to measure speed, not radar. If the speed didn't hold up in Court, they wouldn't be of much use.

As for street signs, I don't believe there's any requirements they be visible, just imposed info on the photo itself providing a location.

testaccount

by: testaccount on

Shouldn't any speed measuring device to be used in court hold up to the same scrutiny? If radar / lidar needs to be tested before and after each use, I'd imagine ground induction loop would need to as well.

As for the location, there's no info on the photo that seems to indicate location. The info overlayed are: Time,Date,Lane,Amber,Code,Red,Photo,Speed.

SidinBram

by: SidinBram on

My brother got a redlight camera ticket for a right turn. He told me that the picture showed his car as green color, but it's actually

blue color. My question...in this day and age of high technology if a camera cannot make out the color, how come we should rely

on its reliability and talk about induction loops and such?

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

Your not being charged with speeding. I can use a radar to stop you for speeding but if i decide to not charge you for speeding I do not test the radar after. You are being charged with going through the red light only.

I believe the loop is just used to trigger the camera that a a large metallic object is moving through the intersection. Otherwise they would have to take a photo of every car going through the intersection.

There is a speed you can go and the camera will not trigger.

OPS

PS just so it is clear a radar/lidar does not need to be tested after each use. Only at the start of the shift and at the end of the shift. It does not need to be tested after a ticket issued

Post a Reply