(1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations providing for a demerit point system for drivers of motor vehicles or of street cars. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 5.
(2) The demerit point system may provide for the cancellation and suspension of licences and may require that a driver, in order to show cause why his or her licence should not be cancelled or suspended, attend an interview or group session with an official of the Ministry or provide written information to the Ministry or both attend an interview or group session and provide written information. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 5.
Format for interviews, group sessions
(3) An interview or group session required under the demerit point system may be held in person or by telephone or other electronic means, as specified by the Ministry. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 5.
(4) The Minister may require the payment of fees for the attendance at an interview or group session or for providing written information under the demerit point system. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 5.
(5) The Minister may set the amount of the fees required under subsection (4) and may set different fees for different classes of persons and for different circumstances. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 5.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest