A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

squeegeeboy

I Was Pulled Over Today - Funny

by: squeegeeboy on

So I'm driving on Hwy 85 going to work when I suddenly notice flashing lights in my rearview mirror. So I speed up to pass the truck on my right side and let the police pass me.

The officer then keeps pace with me and motions for me to pull over. WTF!?!

So anyways I pull over and the officer approaches me and says that she saw me on my cellphone. It's on the seat next to me so I ask her if I was talking on it. She says yes you were.

I tell her that that's impossible as I have no voice plan on the BlackBerry. I then show her that you can't make a call on it ** Authorization Failure **.

The sails suddenly lose all air.

Then she says to me how come I didn't pull over right away. I then tell her "You're driving an unmarked white minivan, I don't expect those to pull me over."

She then grasps for the last straw and says that I should watch my speed and which I say "What did you clock me going?" She just says well when the car in front of you moved over you sped up. I said that's not speeding unless you have a device showing me my speed. She did not and then lets me go without looking at license or anything.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

squeegeeboy wrote:She then grasps for the last straw and says that I should watch my speed and which I say "What did you clock me going?" She just says well when the car in front of you moved over you sped up. I said that's not speeding unless you have a device showing me my speed. She did not and then lets me go without looking at license or anything.

How fortunately for you...but this can backfire, since the officer doesn't need a device to show your speed, they can just pace you using their own speedometer. Also, even if they are using a radar or laser device, they don't have to show it to you.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply