A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Gtr14

Pulled Over For Speeding When Already Stopped

by: Gtr14 on

January

10pm

Speed limit of street 40km/h

2 Lane Street (4 both ways)

Ticket for going 21km/h over

I was driving along the the street heading to my friends house to pick him up. As i approach the left turn i needed to make into his driveway, i stop and wait for traffic to clear so i can make the left turn. As im waiting a police car pulls up behind me and turns on his lights and rings his siren. The officer first said that i was speeding 21 over and he asked why i was turning left into the driveway. I explained that i had to pickup my friend and that he was even waiting out on the porch for me in plain view. Heres where it gets interesting>The police said he was travelling the opposite direction and he had to make a uturn and backtrack to come after me. He was not standing still with a radar gun. He was using mobile radar on his cruiser. There were other cars around me while i was driving down the street. How can he be sure that it was me speeding. After all i was actually slowing down, and then stopped when he apprehended me.

Any help with this is appreciated

Thank you

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

It's certainly quite plausible the officer obtained your vehicle speed on radar and may have done so before you even started to slow down. If you have any doubts, you should request disclosure and see what the evidence against you is. Without knowing what the officer's actual observations are it's difficult to give advice on how to proceed.

Post a Reply