A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

shovel_deep

License Suspended April 2010 - What To Do?

by: shovel_deep on

Hi,

My license was suspended for a 25 over speeding ticket, as well as a driving in the multiple occupancy lane by myself (should have used a doll maybe).

I did not have the money to pay the fines, but had never received a notice in the mail telling me that my license would be suspended, or that these fines need to be paid. It is my fault as I knew it would need to be paid at some point, but did not realize, that soon.

I then went to renew my plate, and BANG!

Is there any hope of reopening a case that was auto-convicted with no letter being sent, which happened almost 2 years ago???

My insurance went up $100 per month for three years. Not only that, but I have never claimed anything from insurance for 12 years. This is my second license in that 12 year period, and the insurance company claims that the previous license # I had does not matter, and only this recent one counts toward giving me a rate (why is that??? I was driving the whole time). Is that true? Or can I request they dig deeper to help me with my rates?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

shovel_deep wrote:Is there any hope of reopening a case that was auto-convicted with no letter being sent, which happened almost 2 years ago???

You need a valid reason to reopen a case. I don't think a JP would have much sympathy on the fact you simply decided to ignore the tickets at the time.

Even if you reopen the case, I believe the record of suspension would still stay on your driving abstract, which is likely what's causing the rate increase.

In regards to your insurance question, where was your other licence from? Different Province/Country?

Post a Reply