Last Minute Help Please - Court Date Thursday April 28th

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
yessir13

Last Minute Help Please - Court Date Thursday April 28th

Unread post by yessir13 »

OK I'll be honest---I need some help. I have a ticket for 28 over and 3 points from January. I got my first court date for this Thursday (April 28th). I put it off and now all of a sudden it's here and I'm stressed because I've never been through something like this. I requested disclosure a few months back, which I got. Nothing out of the normal. I will be honest, it's a legit ticket. I just got caught going too fast down a hill. I just want to get it reduced or lose the points and get it over with.

If someone could give me a crash course on what to do, what not to do, what to expect, a quick overview of how it works, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

If you think your chances of being found not guilty at trial are slim, see if the Crown will offer you a deal. It's probably too close to your trial date for any kind of first attendance meeting, but you can still talk to the Crown prosecutor on the day of your trial. Quite often if you agree to plead guilty, they will let you do so to a reduced speed. Don't know if they'll knock down a 28 to 15 over (which is what you need for no points) but could help with the fine.