Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

stop sign priority over scheduled no-turn sign
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:59 am 

At the corner of Poyntz Ave. and Botham Rd North York I got a ticked for turning left. There was a stop signal and a no-turn sign from 7 to 9 AM, 4 to 6PM. I stopped but I didn't noticed the 2 lines of schedule on the other sign
The police were there at 5:15PM
I'm planning to use the second option "early resolution-meet with the prosecutor". I had no tickets before and I consider the fine to high for turning 45 minutes earlier than permited.
Does someone have an idea of wht should I say and what not?

Re: stop sign priority over scheduled no-turn sign
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm 

I just noticed that the name of one of the street on my ticket is wrong, instead of writing Botham, it says Bothom. Can I use that in my defense? and say that that road does not intercepts the other?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 pm 

A minor misspelling is no big deal. Do you want to fight this ticket or just get a reduced fine? Either way request a trial review the disclosure first, even if the case against you is solid the officer might not be at trial and you get off. If he's there you will more than likely be offered a reduced charge and fine in exchange for pleading guilty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:36 am 

Just wondering what does the stop sign have to do with the ticket? Were you charged with Disobey Sign or Disobey Stop Sign? Either way, you HAVE to obey BOTH signs. Just take it to trial, and follow what ynotp said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:33 am 

I will fight this ticket, I expect the fine to be reduced and no demerit points. On the back of the ticket there are 3 options, the second one says: "meet with the prosecutor for early....." and the third is the trial, should I go with the second option and then, recuest a trial or go directly to trial

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 am 

I would request a trial, and request the officer attend trial on the form. Online services such as fightmytickets.ca charges $12 to file this paperwork for you saving you a lot of time and hassle.