Alberta Drivers License With Over 50 Speed Ticket What Happens?

mesa

Alberta Drivers License With Over 50 Speed Ticket What Happens?

Unread post by mesa »

Was issue a speed ticket in Ontario with Alberta drivers license what happens with summon, court date and license when the 7 days are done? I will be able to retrieve the license? If yes in what MTO? What should the driver plea, a deal 49 or disclosure? How Ontario court will deal with an Alberta driver in this case and how the driver will be affected in this case?

Thanks for any help

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

There is no difference between having an Alberta license or an Ontario license. You go through the same procedure. The only time it's an issue is if you already have an Ontario license and you're trying to use an Alberta license.

How you decide to proceed is ultimately your own choice.

Don't assume you're going to get a break at 49. You haven't disclosed any details. Your speed and the speed limit in that area would be a factor in any offer.

Ontario will treat you no different than its own drivers. If convicted, you will pay your fine. If you decide to go back home and ignore it, don't bother returning if you plan on driving. You will be driving on a suspended license.

Alberta will likely have a reciprocal agreement with Ontario. What happens next is up to your own province. For example, if an Ontario driver was caught speeding in another province, Ontario would treat that offense as if it happened here. I couldn't tell you how that works in Alberta.

mesa

Unread post by mesa »

Was an 80 speed limit and I had a suspended license on the system that I was not aware.

Not that don't want to pay the fine just how to don't get hit hard at my insurance at this point is my concern.

mesa

Unread post by mesa »

Another question is where will they send the license to when the suspension is over?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

mesa wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:55 am

Was an 80 speed limit and I had a suspended license on the system that I was not aware.

Not that don't want to pay the fine just how to don't get hit hard at my insurance at this point is my concern.

Were you also charged with driving while suspended?

greasespot

Posting Awards

Unread post by greasespot »

You won't get the same Dl. The ministry keeps it AB will be notified that they seized it. Once you have paid the fees in Ontario you can then get a replacement DL from AB.

Now having said that as long as your Ontario DL is suspended while you drive in Ontario you are committing an offense even though you may have a DL from AB.

mesa

Unread post by mesa »

Got thanks