AWDMIG

Suspended For Nothing?!?!? Wtf!

by: AWDMIG on

I received a letter for a family member that the license was suspended for unpaid fine (no mention of what fine?!?)

Now the only thing this driver has is a pending court date in JUNE 2012! What is going on here? This is a huge deal work wise. Please help!

AWDMIG

by: AWDMIG on

Hello

So here is what happened, my dad got a ticket in Aug 2011 for a stop sign violation, he filed to appear in court. His court date was one day before a transplant surgery and it was scheduled kind of last minute...thats how donor related things go. So he went on Dec29 to have the date changed.

he was sent to the prosecutors office and a new court date was determined. He was then sent home, but no one actually informed the court clerk that the date has been changed, the prosecutor gave my dad some paper with a hand written date but didnt say anything to him, this paper was supposed to be returned to the clerk.

My dad got convicted by being a no show, they sent a letter 9we never got) saying we need to pay the fines. his license got suspended because of non payment.

We went and filed for re-opening the case by some "in basket system" and got denied.

I want to get this conviction striken, what can i do ( i got the forms) but who can help me? I am really not financially well, enough to eat and pay bills but nothing to spare.

We have been out time at work to run around, making arrangements for my dad to get to work (cant sit home with no pay)

I need advice ASAP!

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

If you want the easiest way to get out of this, unfortunately it's to pay the fines and reinstatement fee.

You can try to file to get the conviction struck out, but you'll have to be ready to explain to a Justice of the Peace as to why it should be removed. Sometimes they are sympathetic, and sometimes they are hard-core and don't care what the reason is. There's no straightforward answer with this particular situation. Then you'd still have to appear for trial at a later date.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply