Backing on a highway - HTA - Highway Traffic Act
Emily

Backing On Highway Ticket

by: Emily on

I've had a clean record until recently see http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic5651.html . And this now brings me to the maximum points before suspension. So I'm really scared and I have to try not to get anything more.

I missed an exit on the highway and I stopped just a few meters ahead only. I pulled my car to the side near the barrier and began reversing at the side, not on the highway and did not obstruct traffic. As soon as I backed back on to the highway so I could go to the exit a cop came and stopped me and gave me a ticket.

Anything can be done over this since I wasn't directly on the highway. Traffic was low else I would not have attempted it. Can I claim I didn't back on the highway but from the exit as I couldn't make the turn or something?

Emily

bend wrote:No, the section you were charged with is there to prevent exactly what you did.

Take the next exit and get back on the highway going in the opposite direction.

I know but the officer did not see me backing at the side I think. He saw me at the exit with reverse lights, I can just say I had to reverse to turn as I was too close to barrier or something? What happens if I do that?

I also reversed at the side almost touching the barrier and not on the highway.

I know I did a stupid thing though and nearly no one gets backing on highway tickets :( I know I'm not supposed to do this but I figured I wouldn't get caught as there were few cars and it was dark.

How should I plead?

Any ideas about my other thread?

Emily

viper1 wrote:Have you plead to any of the charges?

It might matter.

Cheers

Viper1

Is there any point in requesting trial or should I just pay it? I personally don't think this one will stand much chance, its the other tickets that I think can be reduced or removed. This is just 2 points anyway.

viper1

by: viper1 on

I had to go in and "have the talk" one time.

You pass over your license and have to tell them a reason to give it back.

14 is real close Wow.

You will not what to that 2 times.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Emily

viper1 wrote:I had to go in and "have the talk" one time.

You pass over your license and have to tell them a reason to give it back.

14 is real close Wow.

You will not what to that 2 times.

Cheers

Viper1

How was it? Did you get suspended? How many points you had? What reasons should I give?

This really sucks. This interview is after court trial if I chose that so I could delay it right?

Post a Reply