Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
aabahadur

No Permit Sticker On Ownership Ticket

by: aabahadur on

Hi Good Day,

I got a fail to obey sect 182(2) ticket.

I did not see the sign or I would not go straight through. So I'm guilty.

But i also got a ticket for no currently validated permit;I do have my updated sticker on my plates, but I didn't had the little sticker on my vehicle ownership.

I told the cop, and he told me to take it to court.

so I'm planning to go to the court office to plea not guilty.

After reading some pass post, i've notice the plea bargain strategy. I'm hoping to use that, so I can pay the sect 7(1) a (no current permit) and not have the fail to obey sign on my record.

I have a clean record, and i would like to keep it that way.

Any suggestions?

thanks Andrew

Traffic Law

by: Traffic Law on

Prosecution will not likely entertain your plea to document charge instead of 182(2).

You have no defence to the document charge. It is an absolute liability offence and it is very easy for prosecution to prove it. In most cases they will withdraw "paper charge" and let you plea to 182(2) with reduced fine.

aabahadur

by: aabahadur on

Thanks for your response.

I went to the court office yesterday and they will send a notice of trail in 6 months.

I'm prepared to take the charge for the 182(2), but I'm sure I should get around the No valid permit ticket.

I received the permit by mail, and in their instructions stated nothing about placing the small ticket on your ownership.

I have a record of when the permit was requested and when It was sent by the Ministry of transportation.

I'm a new driver, i didn't know, but now I do.

Andrew

Post a Reply