Two tickets and court, newb needs advice

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

Tom98989

Two tickets and court, newb needs advice

Unread post by Tom98989 on

I got my first ticket(s) in 15 years, for a rolling stop of the Gardiner West ramp at Yonge, by a whole bunch of cruisers under the bridge pegging off people 1 by 1. I didn't have my wallet, so 1 ticket no licence surrendered, 1 ticket fail to stop.

1)Should I use a professional rep in court? or
2) My natural thought would be to pay the no licence ticket, and reschedule the court date later for the no-stopping. I know that all these officers from that day will have at least a dozen of tickets that day each, all scheduled for them the same day in court. If I reschedule later, I expect there is less of a chance of the officer showing up. Make sense? If so how do I post-pone trial for another date? Do I have to have somebody say I am sick during the trial?
3) I figure it doesn't look good to fight both tickets at the same time. ?

Thanks in advance.

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

Unread post by FyreStorm on

Go to court on and speak to the prosecutor, plead to the licence if they drop the moving violation.

Tom98989

FyreStorm wrote:Go to court on and speak to the prosecutor, plead to the licence if they drop the moving violation.
Is the no-licence-surrendered considered something insurance can get me for?

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

Unread post by FyreStorm on

Not a moving violation. No points. It's a ticket sure. But does it make you a less safe driver cause you forgot your licence in your other pants? No.

Tom98989

Can I go to that early-meet (forgot what it's called) to do this or do I have to go to court?

Thx again FyreStorm.

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections on

Tom98989 wrote:Can I go to that early-meet (forgot what it's called) to do this or do I have to go to court?

Thx again FyreStorm.
It's not really an early "meet", just be there before your scheduled time...you will have a chance to speak to the Crown before the trial..
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified on

There's also "First Attendance," if you wanted to resolve it prior to the day of trial.
* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca

Tom98989

Thanks guys. I think this will help me a lot.

viper1
Unread post by viper1 on

Tom98989 wrote:I got my first ticket(s) in 15 years, for a rolling stop of the Gardiner West ramp at Yonge, by a whole bunch of cruisers under the bridge pegging off people 1 by 1. I didn't have my wallet, so 1 ticket no licence surrendered, 1 ticket fail to stop.

1)Should I use a professional rep in court? or
2) My natural thought would be to pay the no licence ticket, and reschedule the court date later for the no-stopping. I know that all these officers from that day will have at least a dozen of tickets that day each, all scheduled for them the same day in court. If I reschedule later, I expect there is less of a chance of the officer showing up. Make sense? If so how do I post-pone trial for another date? Do I have to have somebody say I am sick during the trial?
3) I figure it doesn't look good to fight both tickets at the same time. ?

Thanks in advance.
Well if you want to beat that ticket it is easy.

I don't think they will let me post the answer though.

Cheers
Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"

Return to “General Talk”