Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

121 km/h in a posted 90km/h zone
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am 

Hello, I found this site while trying to look up information regarding what to with a speeding ticket we received today.

The basic story...

My mom was driving, I'm in the passenger seat, we were heading from Toronto to North Bay on HW11 when we were pulled over. Didn't say much of anything to the police officer - my mom's English is not the best, I didn't know if I was in a position to say anything as the passenger.

The ticket states that we were speeding 121 km/h in a posted 90km/h zone at HW11 northbound - set fine of $186, total payable $226.

My questions...

- basically, what is our best option? Our thoughts are that either we find ticket fighters or take option 3 and appear in court ourselves. We do not want demerit points, and lowering/negating the fine would be nice
- the stated office is in the city of barrie, but we are located in toronto, is it possible to not go to barrie?
- if we appear in court ourselves, is it possible to request a language interpreter on site at court date - or is that not a good idea. or can i act as interpreter for my mom?
- what are some things to [not] say/do at court?

Any help is much appreciated as this is the first time we've encountered the situation, and considering it also a learning experience for, if ever [hopefully not], future instances.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:07 am 

Quote:
- basically, what is our best option? Our thoughts are that either we find ticket fighters or take option 3 and appear in court ourselves. We do not want demerit points, and lowering/negating the fine would be nice
- the stated office is in the city of barrie, but we are located in toronto, is it possible to not go to barrie?
- if we appear in court ourselves, is it possible to request a language interpreter on site at court date - or is that not a good idea. or can i act as interpreter for my mom?
- what are some things to [not] say/do at court?

Take some time and read some of the posts. I'll quickly cover your points...Choose option 3 and file for disclosure, option 3 is the only way take your case to court. You will have to travel to Barrie, nice place went to school there, if this goes to trial, unless you use an agent, they will go in your place. You can file the ticket with option 3 at a local court. Interpreters are always provided, remember it is your mom that has to answer to the court, not you. As far as what to say in court, again read some posts or visit this website: http://www.ticketcombat.com

Good luck.