A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
bimmer

Posting Awards

Reduced Ticket

by: bimmer on

Hello, first post here. I got a ticket today but he gave me a break. Id just pay the ticket because it was very fair but id really like to keep it off my record until after a court date for a different ticket. If I where to fight this ticket could i be charged the full amount I was going or can they only change the 15 over he gave me. It was just after the road went from 90 to 80. Also he only put "Highway traffic act of ont" any way thats a fatal error? I know I'm dumb and shouldn't speed so much.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Tickets can and will be amended to their original speeds once the trial process begins.

If you're looking to plead guilty on your trial date, you can do that too. Just show up and tell them you're no longer looking for a trial and you wish you just plead guilty to the ticket you received.

bimmer

Posting Awards

by: bimmer on

bend wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:53 am

Tickets can and will be amended to their original speeds once the trial process begins.

If you're looking to plead guilty on your trial date, you can do that too. Just show up and tell them you're no longer looking for a trial and you wish you just plead guilty to the ticket you received.

So by taking it to court, it wouldnt show up on for a different ticket correct? Then once this one goes to court I can just plead guilty to the 15 over I got? Would it also be possible to just take it to court then just pay the ticket before the trial date?

Post a Reply