While Driving my friend home which was less then 2 mins away, i got pulled over by the police. This was at 7:20 AM
4 tickets was issued, - No insurance
- Suspended license
- No permit
- Failed to stop at Stop Sign
- I drove the Vehicle without insurance but i activated it on the same day around 12pm...
- My license was suspended for 9 months because i failed to pay my Ticket... its was $308 ( i didnt wear seatbelt properly as a passenger), Im a university student and i lived on campus...308 dollars can feed me for alot of days...but on the day of my Ticket I when to the court and payd off my ticket right away
- I left the permit(ownership)? At home because i usually don't leave it in the car since i dont drive that often
- and i did a rolling stop...
- I didn't show the cops anything because i had NOTHING on me that morning, not even my wallet...he still let me go home afterwards with my car..
- I didn't tell him exactly who the owner of the car was.... all i said was that this is a family car....
- IM not the owner of the car
- All of this is my first time offence
Im really scared right now... If you have any knowledge about this please post a comment. What should i say in court?
In regards to the insurance charge, were you charged with not having insurance, or not having proof of insurance? Only the owner can be charged for not having insurance, so if it's not your car your'e in the clear. The driving under suspension charge is still quite serious however since it carries a large fine, additional suspension and possible (though not likely on a first offence) jail time.
Yes i was charged with NOT having Insurance....
Even If i reinstate my License before the trail date? will i still be further suspended and Place in jail? Btw i was suspended with a G2
Reinstating your licence is probably a good idea, since at the very least it will show the Court/Crown that you're taking care of your fines. It won't negate the charge, but may help in getting a better plea deal from the Crown.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests