register

Quick Question

by: register on

Hey all,

just a quick question regarding the officers notes. Could some one explain what this means, "obtain the motor vehicle to speed 84, 71 lock/43 patrol at 200 meters"

Thanks.

register

by: register on

Nothing?...

K.... Maybe just an explanation of how the radar records the speed. does it recieve in short bursts, every second or over a certain distance.

Should i put this in thegeneral forum. I put it here as the offence is doing 71 in a 40. I may ask other questions later. thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

It would help if you provided more details in your post surrounding the incident. Interpreting notes is easier when we know how more about how you came to be charged. Im guessing the officer was using a moving radar (i.e. they were also driving) and the initial speed reading they obtained for your vehicle was 84 km/hr. They then "locked" the reading in, basically meaning the speed readings are saved on the radar display. At that time you were travelling at 71 km/hr and the officer at 43 km/hr (patrol speed). The distance between your vehicles was approximately 200 meters.

Radar continuously measures speed while its active. Officers will sometimes only activate the radar when they see someone speeding, but with moving radar its not uncommon to just continuously leave it on. The range is dependent on many factors, including the weather and environment its being used in.

Post a Reply