A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
coolcars

Court Date For A Speed Trap?

by: coolcars on

Is it reasonable to assume that the scheduled trial date from a particular speed trap would all be on the same date?

Last weekend I got stopped (20 Kph over) at a speed trap. There was another car pulled over before I even left. I would imagine that they would try and scedule all of the court dates resulting from those tickets on the same day. Is this true?

If that's the case I would imagine that the officer will almost certainly show up for court. Would it be a good idea to request a new trial date once a trial date has been set?

Thanks

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

coolcars wrote:I would imagine that they would try and scedule all of the court dates resulting from those tickets on the same day. Is this true?

No

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
viper1

by: viper1 on

coolcars wrote:Is it reasonable to assume that the scheduled trial date from a particular speed trap would all be on the same date?

Last weekend I got stopped (20 Kph over) at a speed trap. There was another car pulled over before I even left. I would imagine that they would try and scedule all of the court dates resulting from those tickets on the same day. Is this true?

If that's the case I would imagine that the officer will almost certainly show up for court. Would it be a good idea to request a new trial date once a trial date has been set?

Thanks

I would say yes.

It may depend on how many drivers the cop trapped.

If a lot of customers maybe 3-4 different dates.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
hwybear

Posting Awards

viper1 wrote:
coolcars wrote:Is it reasonable to assume that the scheduled trial date from a particular speed trap would all be on the same date?

Thanks

I would say yes.

It may depend on how many drivers the cop trapped.

If a lot of customers maybe 3-4 different dates.

Cheers

Viper1

Well.......I'm the one that gets the court dates.....and is rare that tickets from the same day on the same court date! Might all be within 3-4 weeks of each other.

Think courts schedule as people send in a request for trial.....not as per date of offence. Then balanced over the officer schedule.. Then balance with available court time.

But it does not really matter, all our court is scheduled on our working shift anyway. I have court scheduled into Sept 2010.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
viper1

by: viper1 on

they do try to set you up with as many as they can to save time.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
hwybear

Posting Awards

viper1 wrote:they do try to set you up with as many as they can to save time.

Cheers

Viper1

oh yeah...they certainly do that!!

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

hwybear wrote:But it does not really matter, all our court is scheduled on our working shift anyway. I have court scheduled into Sept 2010.

Smells like someone is prepping his 11B arguments...

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Reflections

by: Reflections on

racer wrote:
hwybear wrote:But it does not really matter, all our court is scheduled on our working shift anyway. I have court scheduled into Sept 2010.

Smells like someone is prepping his 11B arguments...

I was wondering how the courts know people will be speeding in 2010??? JK

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply