sunnyticket

Question About The Picture

by: sunnyticket on

so i got a ticket of 325 dollars apparently on my last day of work...

i read somewhere that the intersection needs to be on the picture? is this true? by looking at these pictures there is no way to tell what interestion the picture was taken at. no street sign or anything. just a petro can...

the sun was in my face as well if that makes any difference. i dont want this ticket at all even if it doesnt affect my insurance.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

The ticket needs to state which intersection the offence took place at, but I'm not aware of any requirement for the street signs to be visible in the photograph itself.

As for saying you were blinded by the sun, it's not a valid defence in Court. Red light camera tickets are what's known as absolute liability offences. Basically if committed the offence, it doesn't matter why. Short of there being an error on the ticket itself where you could get it withdrawn, typically your best option is to agree to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced fine.

sunnyticket

i was referring to this which was in another post.

"However, I found an interesting ruling from the COURT OF APPEAL FOR ONTARIO regarding the admissibility of the photograph(s) as evidence (Waterloo (Regional Municipality) v. Yan, 2004 CanLII 32076 (ON C.A.)) which may assist some. The important sections of the ruling are 26-31. Essentially, the court ruled that the photograph "must" display the date, time and location of the offence either within the photograph itself or superimposed on it. The use of alpha-numeric values, without any means to interpret them, are not sufficient (32). "

sunnyticket

i got a red light camera ticket. i am currently unemployed ( ticket was ironically on my last day of work...) i understand insurance wont be involved but i just dont have 325 bucks to hand over. sadly i have gotten many tickets in the past and i have always gone to fight them and the cop didnt show up for any of them. in this case there is no cop to show up so if i take option 2, what would i say or do at the court? i dont know why but my anxiety is very high about this and i just dont know what to do. id probably start crying like a baby in the court...geez

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Well talk to the Prosecutor and explain what circumstances you are in, and that you will plead guilty in exchange for a joint submission for a lesser fine. Worth a try vs. handing over $325, given your situation.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply