Tps Bicycle Registry

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

rather than create yet another useless database to justify someone's existence (create a job - rather than doing what they are supposed to), it would be way easier for anyone that has a bicycle to record the serial number down. If the bike is stolen/lost provide the police with the Make, Model, Serial number, speed, size of frame, colour. This info can then be placed on a database that already exists (CPIC). First thing police do is check lost/found/recovered bicycle on CPIC.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Squishy

Unread post by Squishy »

Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles (it was an article on one of those Canada-wide paid bike registries). Good to know, and I do have the serial number written down.

If you guys ever see the only bike in Ontario properly taped up according to HTA, let me know my bike has been stolen. :P

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles

anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

hwybear wrote:
Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles

anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)

I guess I'd better register it then :lol:

Seriously, they advertise a protection service that costs money to place a sticker on a laptop so that the resale value is gone. Might as well register expensive valuables with CPIC.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Squishy wrote:I don't think you can register items on CPIC until they are actually stolen, no?

correct have to be stolen/lost first