TPS bicycle registry

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

hwybear

by: hwybear on
Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 am

rather than create yet another useless database to justify someone's existence (create a job - rather than doing what they are supposed to), it would be way easier for anyone that has a bicycle to record the serial number down. If the bike is stolen/lost provide the police with the Make, Model, Serial number, speed, size of frame, colour. This info can then be placed on a database that already exists (CPIC). First thing police do is check lost/found/recovered bicycle on CPIC.
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

Squishy

by: Squishy on
Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles (it was an article on one of those Canada-wide paid bike registries). Good to know, and I do have the serial number written down.

If you guys ever see the only bike in Ontario properly taped up according to HTA, let me know my bike has been stolen. :P

hwybear

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles
anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)
Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

racer
VIP
VIP

by: racer on
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 am

hwybear wrote:
Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles
anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)
I guess I'd better register it then :lol:

Seriously, they advertise a protection service that costs money to place a sticker on a laptop so that the resale value is gone. Might as well register expensive valuables with CPIC.
"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com

hwybear

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Squishy wrote:I don't think you can register items on CPIC until they are actually stolen, no?
correct have to be stolen/lost first