A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

bc6254

Ticket For Led Lights

by: bc6254 on

MY SON GOT A TICKET FOR HAVING BLUE LED LIGHTS ( NOT FLASHING ) IN THE FRONT GRILLE OF HIS PICK UP TRUCK,, IT WAS DARK OUT AND HE HAD THE HEADLIGHTS AND PARKING LIGHTS ON ALSO,,IS THERE ANY POINT IN FIGHTING THIS TICKET,, THE H.T.A. JUST SAYS THEY ARE NOT TO BE FLASHING ,, BUT ALSO SAYS ALL LIGHTS ON THE FRONT HAVE TO BE WHITE OR YELLOW ,, BLUE IS FOR SNOW PLOW OR EMERGENCY VEH.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

bc6254 wrote:, BLUE IS FOR SNOW PLOW OR EMERGENCY VEH.

just to clarify that part, flashing blue is ONLY for:

- police

- snow plows being operated ONLY by government road departments (muicipal/provincial/federal)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
tdottopcop

by: tdottopcop on

I'm running late for work, but I recall the HTA mentioning something about headlights being only white, and only a max up to 4... can anyone ref the HTA?

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Your son was charged under the section of the HTA that requires the front lights to be white or amber only, unfortunately. Even though there were other front lights, basically they require that any light facing the front can only be white or amber (except for authorized vehicles). If they were quite clearly blue in colour, then the charge is going to be a bit difficult to beat in court. In that case, he could try replacing/removing the "blue" lights and then plea-bargaining to a lesser charge.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply