Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Red Light - Fail to stop HTA 144(18)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:47 pm 

Need some opinions, it's eating me pretty bad.

Got the ticket my first time after getting my G2, the drive started of somewhat rocky getting use to a new car I have never used before, but after about 10 minutes I got the feel for it. My last few lessons with my driving instructor, my driving test, and my recent driving experience I had gotten the handle on speed control(I drive at the limit, see people go over the limit as I drive), lane changes, turns, though my 2 weakness are my handling of my turn signals(still needs practice), and certain situations I have never encountered which one of them happened with this ticket.

Anyway how I got the ticket was that I was driving through a Traffic light intersection which contained road barriers blocking off the other street of the intersection, and unfortunately I went through the red light and got pulled over which was a horrible end to my first drive alone. When I drove through the intersection, because I seen the barriers as I approached it, I at the time didn't I had to stop at the red light, and I drove through it, I do understand I could have hit a pedestrian had there been one crossing the street, it is horrible to imagine.

Now I accept full responsibility for my infraction, I broke the law, my minds thoughts on traffic situations has opened up to a wider variety of possible inexperienced situations, though I am really worried about having demerit points on my licence.

Anyway I am just wondering if should try meeting with a prosecutor to reduce the demerit points.
It is eating up my mind, though if I keep both the fine and the demerit points I will have ultimately deserved it.

Re: Red Light - Fail to stop HTA 144(18)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:58 am 

cloneman wrote:
Anyway I am just wondering if should try meeting with a prosecutor to reduce the demerit points.
It is eating up my mind, though if I keep both the fine and the demerit points I will have ultimately deserved it.

It sounds like you're content with pleading guilty anyways, so you've got nothing to lose by attending a resolution meeting. They will either lower the charge or they wont. They'll have to find a suitable charge to lower it to. They cannot just remove the points and keep the same charge. I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered another charge with zero points. Normally points are kind of useless, but you're a new novice driver and another 3 points could land you an interview. Points last 2 years from the date you were charged.