Got charged.

MsDeeya
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined:

Got charged.

Unread post by MsDeeya on

Hi, I unfortunately got another ticket and officers came to my residence.

Some time back while parking I my phone fell down from the dashboard and I instinctively picked it up which was a stupid think to do as I was driving blind and entering a parking spot. I scratched the door of a car. I spoke to the person payed them on the spot some money which was agreed upon.

Apparently her husband told the cops afterwards and wasn't happy with how she handled it.

Advice?


ynotp
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 548
Joined:
Location: Ontario

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp on

Taxi, Bus, Train, Streetcar, Subway, Boat, Bicycle, Walk, Horseback, Dog Sled...


bend
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1152
Joined:

Posting Awards

Moderator

Unread post by bend on

MsDeeya wrote:I spoke to the person payed them on the spot some money which was agreed upon.

Apparently her husband told the cops afterwards and wasn't happy with how she handled it.

Advice?
Whether you settled financially with the other driver over repairs has no impact on whether or not police choose to charge you. They are two separate things. You can't make a charge disappear simply because you gave the other party some money to cover their costs. It's going to have no bearing on your case. Either you had the accident or you didn't.

Also, you never mentioned what the charge was. Seeing how you already have 3 careless driving charges in a couple months as a G2 driver (novice sanctions), you aren't going to have a license for much longer anyways. You are going to have a hard time getting insurance also. Seems like you haven't really learned anything and maybe it's for the best.


CumminsDiesel
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 41
Joined:

Unread post by CumminsDiesel on

MsDeeya wrote:Hi, I unfortunately got another ticket and officers came to my residence.

Some time back while parking I my phone fell down from the dashboard and I instinctively picked it up which was a stupid think to do as I was driving blind and entering a parking spot. I scratched the door of a car. I spoke to the person payed them on the spot some money which was agreed upon.

Apparently her husband told the cops afterwards and wasn't happy with how she handled it.

Advice?
What were you charged with ?


devin98
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 31
Joined:

Unread post by devin98 on

can you advise where you live and what car you drive?

I only ask as I want to stay as far away from you as possible.... you have 3 careless charges and now I assume a hit and run?


User avatar
CliffClaven
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 36
Joined:

Unread post by CliffClaven on

bend wrote:...Also, you never mentioned what the charge was. Seeing how you already have 3 careless driving charges in a couple months as a G2 driver (novice sanctions), you aren't going to have a license for much longer anyways. You are going to have a hard time getting insurance also. Seems like you haven't really learned anything and maybe it's for the best.
Amen to that!!

Assuming she's told us everything, this is MsDeeya's FOURTH at-fault collision since Nov 2013!!! Holy cow!!

What do you wanna bet she's gonna tell us that she's really a very skilled and attentive driver, and is nothing more than a victim of bad luck?

This person is in dire need of a "driving intervention." She's hopeless.


tdot23
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined:

Unread post by tdot23 on

I have read your posts and from my count this is the SEVENTH vehicle you have damaged in almost 6 months. Each time you still maintain that youre a good driver and were "distracted" by one thing to another. I dont think people on this site want to give you advice anymore because our roads are much safer without you on them. The worst part is you still think you havent done anything wrong.


hawaii
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 45
Joined:

Unread post by hawaii on

ynotp wrote:Taxi, Bus, Train, Streetcar, Subway, Boat, Bicycle, Walk, Horseback, Dog Sled...
@ynotp. Priceless. I say Airplane, to somewhere far,far away.


CumminsDiesel
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 41
Joined:

Unread post by CumminsDiesel on

Unfortunately without a charge description no one can provide you proper advice.

Would be best to find an excellent driving instructor to help you improve your driving. If you know anyone who drives for a living I would bet they would be even better than a driving instructor .

Driving is a necessity and a good teacher could help make you as good if not a better driver than all those who recommend their ridiculous modes of transportation.

Good driving starts with who and how you were taught !

If that doesn't help nothing will .


MsDeeya
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined:

Unread post by MsDeeya on

tdot23 wrote:I have read your posts and from my count this is the SEVENTH vehicle you have damaged in almost 6 months. Each time you still maintain that youre a good driver and were "distracted" by one thing to another. I dont think people on this site want to give you advice anymore because our roads are much safer without you on them. The worst part is you still think you havent done anything wrong.
If you read the details I'm not at fault in many of them.


Anyway besides all this I heard from someone that the cost of damage needs to exceed a certain amount (I forgot what) but clearly this incident did not reach that amount. Is this correct?


bend
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1152
Joined:

Posting Awards

Moderator

Unread post by bend on

MsDeeya wrote:Anyway besides all this I heard from someone that the cost of damage needs to exceed a certain amount (I forgot what) but clearly this incident did not reach that amount. Is this correct?
You want advice on a charge and yet you haven't disclosed what the charge was. Care to share? Failure to Report an Accident?


User avatar
CliffClaven
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 36
Joined:

Unread post by CliffClaven on

See...? I told ya so...
MsDeeya wrote:
tdot23 wrote:I have read your posts and from my count this is the SEVENTH vehicle you have damaged in almost 6 months. Each time you still maintain that youre a good driver and were "distracted" by one thing to another. I dont think people on this site want to give you advice anymore because our roads are much safer without you on them. The worst part is you still think you havent done anything wrong.
If you read the details I'm not at fault in many of them...
MsDeeya, if you weren't at fault, why were you charged three times with careless driving? (TIP: This is a rhetorical question.)

Gentlemen, the penny has yet to drop with this one. She absolutely refuses to see things as they truly are.

Image


jsherk
High Authority
High Authority
Posts: 1722
Joined:

Unread post by jsherk on

When the police come to question you I hope you did not answer any of their questions. You are not required to answer anything. Never talk to the police. If you answered their questions then you have convicted yourself. Everything you say WILL BE used against you in a court of law, and you are not required to testify against yourself.

If you are doing something that requires a license at the time police question you (like driving) then you are only required to identify yourself (name, date of birth, address) and you are not required to answer any other questions.
If you are not doing anything that requires a license, but police inform you that you are being charged with a crime then you are only required to identify yourself (name, date of birth, address) and you are not required to answer any other questions.
If you are not doing anything that requires a license and you are not being charged with a crime then you do NOT have to answer any question asked by police and you do NOT need to identify yourself.
http://www.criminaltriallawyers.ca/?q=know-your-rights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

With that said, you should get a bus pass or get rich and hire a chauffeur.




+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++


Post Reply

Return to “Failing to report a collision to a police officer”