I have a couple questions:
1. When you get a ticket reduced, are the points reduced also?
2. Should I go to trial for this one?
3. Only major offences are bad for insurance, right?
4. Can I plead guilty and still have it reduced? Will the demerit points be reduced too?
Thank you for reading my story.
Can I get it reduced by choosing the option 2 on the ticket? Or does it have to be option 3 to get it reduced? If I choose option 2 will I be able to see the justice that same day, or will it be another day?
I'd like to get this all over with tomorrow if someone could please answer some of these questions.
2) Really your decision. Depends how much time/effort it's worth to you and also on the Crown's evidence.
3) A couple minor offences will typically raise your rates, but less dramatically then a major conviction. Really depends on your provider/policy. Rough estimate is 10-20% versus 50-100%. 42 over might still be considered minor.
4) No, if you plead guilty it will be for the speed shown on the ticket. The JP can only lower the fine, not the speed. For a reduced speed you need to work out a deal with the Crown.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests