Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

speeding ticket by local cop setting on side walk on hwy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 am 

Hi am sorry if this is not the right place to put my subject as its my first time. we live in orangeville and while driving back home from hwy 9 heading to hwy 10 one km from hwy 10 at the intersection there was orangeville cop doing speed trap while he set his full car on pedestrian side walk . in that 1 km the speed gone down from 80 to 60 he caught my wife driving 77 or 78 this cop sets in this area and same spot all as 1 month ago i passed him at 12 am same car same spot where the speed limit change and a lot of people dont pay attention as it's short distance specially when you are merging into another hwy with speed limit 80 as well.now here is my questions

1- is he allowed to do speed trap on hwy 9 ?
2- if he is allowed to the speed trap is he allowed to do the speed trap while parking on the side walk ?
3- i know that the cop is looking to give any ticket as he didnt pay attention as by mistake my wife handed the insurance slip that was expired wouldnt that be violating his process ? Can use that againest him?
4-when we open the window he stated that we we 18 over asking whats the hurry and since my wife was still under the shock of being pulled over by local cop i answered ( casue of the kids ) as i had my new born 24 days which was fussy cause my wife breast feed and 3 years and 11 years however the cop never thought of putting the flash light at the back window to check that car is full of kids .

5- is there is any way to get it dropped as we just care about the insurance since my wife got anothr ticket 3 month ago via opp from the oppsite side of the hwy stating 25 over with 3 point and she choosed to just pay it and fight it.

Re: speeding ticket by local cop setting on side walk on hwy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:18 am 

tahtohe wrote:
1- is he allowed to do speed trap on hwy 9 ?

Yes. Is there some reason you believe he shouldn't? Maybe i'm missing something.
tahtohe wrote:
2- if he is allowed to the speed trap is he allowed to do the speed trap while parking on the side walk ?

Yes.
tahtohe wrote:
3- i know that the cop is looking to give any ticket as he didnt pay attention as by mistake my wife handed the insurance slip that was expired wouldnt that be violating his process ? Can use that againest him?

I'm not sure I follow. You handed the officer expired insurance card and you want to use it against him because he didn't notice or give you a ticket for it? If that's the case, the answer is no.
tahtohe wrote:
4-when we open the window he stated that we we 18 over asking whats the hurry and since my wife was still under the shock of being pulled over by local cop i answered ( casue of the kids ) as i had my new born 24 days which was fussy cause my wife breast feed and 3 years and 11 years however the cop never thought of putting the flash light at the back window to check that car is full of kids .

The officer asked your wife a straight forward question. I'm not sure what you are asking of him or what you want him to do with your kids.

tahtohe wrote:
5- is there is any way to get it dropped as we just care about the insurance since my wife got anothr ticket 3 month ago via opp from the oppsite side of the hwy stating 25 over with 3 point and she choosed to just pay it and fight it.

You'll have to request a trial.