beleafer81

Listening To Police Scanners Online

by: beleafer81 on

Not sure if this belongs in here or general area, so if needed mods could move. I appologise if need be.

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone... but a freind showed me a website that live streams police, ems, fire and other radio comunications for all parts of the world including most of canada and USA. There are quite a few counties and cities in ontario listed.

click ontario and then choose a county/city and then click the speaker icon beside the discription. A separate window will pop up with a control box for volume ect, and as I said it is live streming.

I have been doing emails ect. here listening to renfrew county.... its quite interesting listening to OPP asking for plate checks, dispatch listing peoples names , vehicles , priors, addresses sometimes. Fire dept. comes on sometimes reporting fire alarm at addresses ect.

Interesting to say the least. And hey, now I know where the police are doing speed checks... and who got busted.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove - Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington) in Training Day
missiletow

by: missiletow on

this is public broadcast. it is not illegal to listen. but, it is illegal to collect proceeds from use of the radio. no solicitation rules.

tow truck drivers use them, commercial window repair guys in big citys use them. bit of a 'grey area'

what is the site? i am looking for streaming scanner frequencies. i have Uniden 996 and Uniden btc15 as well as laptop in my truck.

i would like to put the laptop to full use. please send me the link to the scanner site

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you're looking on listening into local scanners, the easiest, convenient, and most useful way to listen to police scanners is through your smart phone. They have a couple apps that will do this in the Google Play Store on Android devices. I'm not sure about the Apple Store.

Post a Reply