Hi everyone looking for some HELPFUL advice my wholenight
So i was drivingnon 410N and was doing 110 in left lane when a car going too slow doesnt move over i blinked my light once they refused to move over so i changes lanes and was proceeding when i was pulled over by OPP who claimed i was "stunt driving by slowing down a motor vehicle cutting off its passage on the highway" i have no idea what happened i was getting my car towed all of a sudden and being threated if i dont shut up im getting arrested so that was my experience with OPP so what can be done about this if i can get some PROF help
There's obviously a lot more to this story so it's hard to give you any specific answers.
Stunt driving isn't just speeding. There's a ton of activities that are considered a stunt.
They are the following:
3. For the purposes of section 172 of the Act, “stunt” includes any activity where one or more persons engage in any of the following driving behaviours:
1. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to lift some or all of its tires from the surface of the highway, including driving a motorcycle with only one wheel in contact with the ground, but not including the use of lift axles on commercial motor vehicles.
2. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning.
3. Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to spin it or cause it to circle, without maintaining control over it.
4. Driving two or more motor vehicles side by side or in proximity to each other, where one of the motor vehicles occupies a lane of traffic or other portion of the highway intended for use by oncoming traffic for a period of time that is longer than is reasonably required to pass another motor vehicle.
5. Driving a motor vehicle with a person in the trunk of the motor vehicle.
6. Driving a motor vehicle while the driver is not sitting in the driver’s seat.
7. Driving a motor vehicle at a rate of speed that is 50 kilometres per hour or more over the speed limit.
8. Driving a motor vehicle without due care and attention, without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway or in a manner that may endanger any person by,
i. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing,
ii. stopping or slowing down a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates the driver’s sole intention in stopping or slowing down is to interfere with the movement of another vehicle by cutting off its passage on the highway or to cause another vehicle to stop or slow down in circumstances where the other vehicle would not ordinarily do so,
iii. driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to drive, without justification, as close as possible to another vehicle, pedestrian or fixed object on or near the highway, or
iv. making a left turn where,
(A) the driver is stopped at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal system in response to a circular red indication;
(B) at least one vehicle facing the opposite direction is similarly stopped in response to a circular red indication; and
(C) the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle. O. Reg. 455/07, s. 3.
Since you claim to have no idea what happened, it's probably best you hire someone to deal with it and they can explain what exactly you're being charged with. Best case scenario is that you are offered a reduced charge that's not stunt, but it is by no means a guarantee.
I take this completely different. Driving in the passing lane when driving lanes are clearly open and available. Flashing the highbeams because the other driver is also driving in the incorrect lane.
Advise? Hang out in the driving lane, move to pass in the passing lane and go back to the driving lane. Can't be in the left lane "passing" from Lancaster to Windsor.
Hard lesson to teach drivers (new and old) but roads would be much safer if we all did that!
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests