A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

What Shows Up When Police Run Your License Plate?

by: 12345 on

I asked this in another thread but figured maybe it would be best to make my own topic:

Lets say you are caught with 2-3 roaches or grams of marijuana in your car and the cop tells you to stomp it out and gives you a verbal warning, is that on your record?

I know someone who a while ago got caught with a few grams in his car, the cop took everyone in the cars I.D with the marijuana. He came back to the car and ordered the driver to stomp on the marijuana, he did so and then the officer said he's simply giving him a warning and that he's lucky because other officers wouldn't be so nice.

Now even though he was given a verbal warning from this cop (no ticket or anything official) is this something that is on his record? Would another cop who runs his plates be able to see he was caught with a few grams in his car and let off with a warning or is the database only for official charges? Is he going to be more prone to being pulled over now?

I know the questions seems random but I've always wondered what shows up when the police run your plates.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Its all dependent on whether the officer made any type of report regarding the warning. If there was a report, it would get entered into a police database which other officers could query. Its not something that would typically show up during a routine plate query.

In short, maybe but not likely.

Post a Reply