Unmarked vs. Marked cruisers

Bookm

Unmarked vs. Marked cruisers

Unread post by Bookm on

When ever I've been in court, the officer clearly states that he was patrolling in uniform and in a plainly marked cruiser.

I've never been charged by an un-marked cruiser and always assumed they must be marked to do traffic detail. I now know that NOT to be the case.

So why do we have marked cruisers at all??

FiReSTaRT

Unread post by FiReSTaRT on

Technically it's to deter lawbreaking activity with a visible presence. Based on that assumption it looks like that is becoming less and less of a priority for police services. Didn't they introduce a ghost that looks like a yellow cab in Milton?
What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

FiReSTaRT

Unread post by FiReSTaRT on

Just wanted to make another note.. This has nothing to do with the constables or any people employed by the services. They just do what the province/municipality tells them in the most efficient way possible. If the government makes generating $$$ a priority over improving safety on the highways, it's not the cops to blame. Blame it on the Dalton gang.
What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

Reflections

Unread post by Reflections on

Flavour of the day law making.........always has and always will be done this way
http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com

tdrive2
Unread post by tdrive2 on

Very true reflections.

The officers just do their job if they are told to write more tickets they pressured to do it.

The way i see some of these HSD officers drive around the GTA you would seem to think that they don't care about speeding either until they issue a big ticket.

Return to “Police Cruisers and Vehicles”