I Received A Ticket For Holding My Phone What Should I Do Next ?

The Ontario Highway Traffic Act section 78.1(1) deals with Hand-held devices and distracted driving.
asaad20

I Received A Ticket For Holding My Phone What Should I Do Next ?

Unread post by asaad20 »

Hello

I received a ticket back in November for hand-held communication and I received the court date it is supposed to be on 22nd of March ( Mississauga Ontario)

I did not know that it is illegal to use your phone if you have stopped because it was a red light so all I did was change the song and it took me less than a second and this is my first ever fine and hopefully last one, I am a very careful driver I never text and drive all i did was change the song while at a red signal.

I don't know what to do next I want to avoid insurance increase and already the fine is huge 490 CAD$

Should I request a disclosure of evidence ? and how to do that ?

What other things I can do to help me dismiss the charge ?

Thank you

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

asaad20 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Should I request a disclosure of evidence ? and how to do that ?

Luckily, Mississauga is probably the easiest place to make a disclosure request if you have no clue how to go about doing so.

The website is here.

It's an online form. Just fill it out and hit submit. They also give you the option of having it emailed.

Since your court date is March 22, you should be making this request ASAP as it can take up to 2 months to receive.