Victims in speeding offenses ?

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

unluckyspeed
Victims in speeding offenses ?

Unread post by unluckyspeed on

I have run into two cases in the past year where in the disclosure, the passengers in the speeding viehcle are listed under "victim". As I remembered for both cases, there were no accident, personal injuries involved, as they were just speeding offenses.

Is it a new standard practice by the PO to determine victims in speeding offenses as passengers(if any) in the viehcle? will this actually increase the severity of those offenses ?

Hope someone could shed some light.
Thanks a lot

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Unread post by Stanton on

In what part of the disclosure are they refered to as the victim?

Having passengers in the vehicle should not increase the severity of the fine/punishment if it was a normal speeding offence (i.e. no accident/injuries).

unluckyspeed

Stanton wrote:In what part of the disclosure are they refered to as the victim?

Having passengers in the vehicle should not increase the severity of the fine/punishment if it was a normal speeding offence (i.e. no accident/injuries).
Hi Stanton,
It is on page 3 after the synopsis, the page is titled witness/victim list. and yes , both cases I observed has NO accidents nor injuries or damages of any kind. but one driver was clocked 50km + and lost DL for 7 days, I donno if that is relevant.

Thanks

unluckyspeed

Any additional thoughts ?

OPS Copper
Unread post by OPS Copper on

entity in the report most likely in error as a victim instead of passenger. Usually chosen from a drop down list.

ops

Return to “General Talk”