I Was Making A Turn On An Advanced Green And Got A Ticket For Turning When The Arrow Turned Yellow

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
phatmancan

I Was Making A Turn On An Advanced Green And Got A Ticket For Turning When The Arrow Turned Yellow

Unread post by phatmancan »

I was the third car in the dedicated left turning lane (4 lane road with dedicated turning lanes in both directions) and as I was following the car ahead of me the arrow turned yellow at some point during my turn. I was pulled over and issued a ticket for RED LIGHT- FAILED TO STOP 144 (18)???? I don't get it. The cop said I entered the intersection after the yellow arrow was done, I totally disagree. It was -20 with slick roads, 8:30am rush hour and I was in no hurry, meaning not going too fast for weather conditions. His vantage point was he had pole position opposite direction, almost right in front of me. The traffic light I was following was directly above his cruiser? how would he even know or see my traffic light, advanced greens are not synchronised, depends on vehicles present in turning lanes. My traffic light even turned green right after the advanced yellow timed out.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

If you want the answers to your questions, you're going to have to request a trial. From there you can make a disclosure request and receive a copy of the officers notes.

If you need further information on how to make a disclosure request, feel free to reply with the courthouse listed on your ticket.