No seat belt traffic ticket - Discuss the HTA here.
Ginno

Driver Failing To Properly Wear A Seat Belt

by: Ginno on

Looking for any help I can get.

I got stopped at a 4 way stop a month ago as I was pulling up to the stop sign.

I first checked if there were any cars around me to ensure my safety then started to removed my seat belt.

I saw the police stopped about 30 feet from the stop sign while removing my seat belt feeling I was doing nothing wrong.

I came to a full stop checked my pocket and then reached over to refasten my seat belt.

The seat belt locked so I had to remove the shoulder strap retract the seat belt and refasten the seat belt.

The proceeded through the intersection behind me the police pulled me over.

I explained what had happened he said we are on a seat belt blitz this week and I saw you approaching the stop sign with no seat belt on.

I sat where the police car was I could not tell if the drivers were wearing their seat belts or not.

Question

Is there a legal distance which a police has to be parked away from a stop sign.

I have tinted windows can I use this as evidence in court.

Thanks

viper1

by: viper1 on

Ginno wrote:Looking for any help I can get.

I got stopped at a 4 way stop a month ago as I was pulling up to the stop sign.

I first checked if there were any cars around me to ensure my safety then started to removed my seat belt.

I saw the police stopped about 30 feet from the stop sign while removing my seat belt feeling I was doing nothing wrong.

I came to a full stop checked my pocket and then reached over to refasten my seat belt.

The seat belt locked so I had to remove the shoulder strap retract the seat belt and refasten the seat belt.

The proceeded through the intersection behind me the police pulled me over.

I explained what had happened he said we are on a seat belt blitz this week and I saw you approaching the stop sign with no seat belt on.

I sat where the police car was I could not tell if the drivers were wearing their seat belts or not.

Question

Is there a legal distance which a police has to be parked away from a stop sign.

I have tinted windows can I use this as evidence in court.

Thanks

Did you say any-thing?

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply

Return to “Driver failing to wear a seat belt”