Unnecessary Noise

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

HubbaBubba

Unnecessary Noise

Unread post by HubbaBubba »

I live in the KW area. I have a couple neighbours with unnecessarily loud exhausts on their cars. I find their 20 minute idling sessions everymoring before they go to work to be incredibly annoying, is there anything that can be done with respect to by-laws, traffic act?

These neighbours lack complete respect for the other neighbours who work shift work or are still trying to sleep. I don't understand the purpose of these mufflers other than an attempt to look cool. They're nothing but a waste of money. In fact any sort of cosmetic investment in a vehicle is a waste of money, but that's my opinion of course.

Any thoughts?

nexxen90

Unread post by nexxen90 »

HubbaBubba wrote: I live in the KW area. I have a couple neighbours with unnecessarily loud exhausts on their cars. I find their 20 minute idling sessions everymoring before they go to work to be incredibly annoying, is there anything that can be done with respect to by-laws, traffic act?

These neighbours lack complete respect for the other neighbours who work shift work or are still trying to sleep. I don't understand the purpose of these mufflers other than an attempt to look cool. They're nothing but a waste of money. In fact any sort of cosmetic investment in a vehicle is a waste of money, but that's my opinion of course.

Any thoughts?

No disrespect, but you must be a old grouchy man! Drinking your warm coffee on a cold morning while your magnaflow exhaust rumbles is one life's greatest perks, ohh man.... I get Goosebumps just thinking about the sound my exhaust makes.

If I were you, I would pull up a chair right beside your neighbor and start to gain respect for the magnificent, therapeutic, breathtaking sound those exhausts make.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
FyreStorm

Posting Awards

Unread post by FyreStorm »

Muffler = To Muffle, to make quiet...

Why do people who went unnoticed and unloved as children feel the need to draw attention to themselves (mostly negative attention mind you) from the public by annoying people around them...

Yes we all like the sound of a nice exhaust note (I speak from experience having recently owned a BMW M3) but I just don't understand the straightpipes on trucks and cruiser bikes.

All electric vehicles are coming...then cars will make wind & tire noise only...

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

Arghh, who resurrects long-dead threads???

On your addition about electric cars:

I am more concerned about the stupid Powermat powering up people's iphones and crackberries, instead of being installed underneath every road so that every car could be powered by the science of electrical induction, instead of stupid gadgets! Besides, what will stop some dummy with more money than sense from installing an outward-facing 250 watt speaker imitating the exhaust noise? Right, the noise by-laws that are being violated here...

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Marquisse

Unread post by Marquisse »

Arghh, who resurrects long-dead threads???

Apparently, you do! :wink:

Anyhow, I cannot understand why people would want to ride around in a car that sounded like it was letting go of one loud and continuous fart.

Maybe it's a guy thing.

Also, they are extremely disturbing to the neighbours and do demonstrate a lack of respect, especially when revving.