A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

That Sergeant needed to be pulled from the road. The vehicle impoundment idea was nothing other than a gleeful attempt to show "those God-damn street racers" that "we're gonna get you." Then they went after everyone except the real street racers and, in this case, looks like that guy went after anyone he wanted to. Now there are allegations of him receiving kickbacks from towing companies. :roll: One word: Travesty.

The easiest way to ensure that this does not happen again is to remove the vehicle impoundment part of the legislation. (Sigh... wish that would happen... probably won't until it goes up to the Ontario Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada.) Even the 7-day licence suspension doesn't sit well with me but the licence is property of the province so they can technically do what they want with it. Even then, a 24-hour suspension should suffice, it still stops them in their tracks and forces alternate arrangements. The only time a vehicle impoundment might be useful is if it is involved in a cannonball run, but then police could use the Criminal Code provisions and still seize the vehicle.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

I just thank God they caught that one and ONLY officer in the province who would have the gawl to over-extend his authority ;)

Last edited by Bookm on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

"I asked him why he pulled me over and he said, `Today I'm only picking white cars,'" recalls Breznica, who owns a white 2008 Mercedes-Benz and had his two young children in the back seat at the time. "I asked him if I was the only one driving around here with a white car, and he said yes. Honest to God, that's what he told me."

LOL ...This cop is funny! Glad he got arrested. What a Jerk!

tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Ya i just read that to.

I wonder what Julian Fantino thinks of the road side trial now?

This is exactly why this law is garbage.

I like what the guy says about he is still down about 900 $ for the towing and storage fees.

172, needs to be changed and or scrapped.

Just one of thousands of people in Ontario screwed over by this law.

Justice!!!!!

And the officer, well he gets his day in court before being convicted, other people not so lucky.

Radar Identified

Fantino still thinks the roadside trial is amazing. Imagine his reaction if the SIU were given the same sort of arbitrary, irrevocable authority. :shock: He'd be foaming at the mouth. I'm not suggesting the SIU should be given anything like that, but still, just imagine.

Complete silence from the powers-that-be at Queen's Park. I wonder why that might be. :roll: I'm sure they'll pass it off as an isolated incident, try to divert attention saying it is necessary in the interest of safety (e.g. "look at how deaths have gone down - never mind the high gas prices and the effect it has") and then start chewing people out: "How can you support speeding? Think of the children!" In other words, try to change the subject, because dealing with the issue is too difficult.

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

...nothing can make up for the $950 he had to pay the tow truck company and the hundreds of dollars he spent on taxis for the week his car was impounded...

Perhaps using the suspension pay to recoup those losses could do the trick?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
M0J0

by: M0J0 on

Radar Identified wrote:Fantino still thinks the roadside trial is amazing. Imagine his reaction if the SIU were given the same sort of arbitrary, irrevocable authority. :shock: He'd be foaming at the mouth. I'm not suggesting the SIU should be given anything like that.

SIU????

The guys and gals with them fancy ball jackets on?

The guys and gals who are investagating a record number of cases this year?

The same guys and gals who have done nothing since Martin left?

The same guys and gals the province is going to call to look at the OPP and the AG illegal conduct up in Barrie this week?

This crook will be on Paid vacation for 3 years.

Radar Identified

Yes, what I'm saying is imagine how Julian Fantino would feel if his officers were subjected to an immediate, irrevocable punishment without any proof by another agency, so I picked the SIU. So imagine if they got called to a collision scene under that context: Well, I haven't done an investigation, there's nothing proven yet - so I'll issue an immediate termination of the officer's employment and 7 days in jail to "safeguard" the public. How would Fantino like that? He'd go off like Krakatoa.

No one should be subject to the type of irreversible punishment imposed at the roadside that s. 172 brings, not in a "free and democratic" country anyway.

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Radar Identified wrote: How would Fantino like that? He'd go off like Krakatoa.

Mass destruction, short period of time..... Fantino may have a new nickname :D

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Reflections

by: Reflections on

That's got a nice ring to it, "And in this corner, weighing in at 270lbs, 50lbs of ego, The Volcano"......Let's get ready to rumbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
tdrive2

by: tdrive2 on

Maybee BelSti would fight him.

With his dogs on the side of the ring with the Anti 172 Shirts!!!!

1 Hit for every unconstitutional road side trial ! :twisted:

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

tdrive2 wrote:1 Hit for every unconstitutional road side trial ! :twisted:

Ohhh, that will be not a "pizza face" but a "pizza body". Bel would also have to have enough body strength to deliver 12000 punches, or 1000 punches per round. That's 5-6 hits per second. Bel would probably get the nickname "Helicopter" after that!

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply