towedaway

Help - Stunt Driving/speeding - 56 Over An 80 Hwy

by: towedaway on

Here is my story. Got caught 56kph over an 80 road. I was on Highway 6 on my way home at 12am from Guelph. It was on a downhill road approaching 403 near york exit. There was one car on the right lane infront of me. and behind it to the left lane was a black suv. Because it was a downhill, I decided to just let the car roll and when i got near the car ahead i passed the car in front of me.

As i approached 403 I slowed down to 80kph to exit towards brantford, that's when i notice the black suv follwing me. and it turned out that it was a police. i did not realize it was until i saw the light signalling me to pull over. i was so stunned/scared because it was my first time to be pulled-over (no prior records). when the officer asked me why am i driving so fast, i can only muster "i just want to go home". he said he clocked me at 136kph. so my rent-a-car was towed for 7 days (yes it was). my license got suspended for 7 days. I've already payed enough for the towing/impound and the car rental cost.

in summary, i got a summon for stunt driving - speeding 56kph above the 80kph limit. i regret what happened for every single second since then. it is a really depressing experience.it has been a tough lesson for me and i would not allow that to happen again ever.

now what are my chances to get the charge lower than stunt driving? how likely will i be offered a settlement on my first appearance? am i going to jail? i am so troubled, pls i need your advice.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

No, you're not going to jail. Yes, there's a possibility that they'll offer you a charge of 49km over.

However, do yourself a favor and drop this hill story. To say you let go of the gas, coasted, and your car catapulted from 80 to nearly 140... it's insulting. Not that it's a defense anyways.

towedaway

by: towedaway on

bend wrote:No, you're not going to jail. Yes, there's a possibility that they'll offer you a charge of 49km over.

However, do yourself a favor and drop this hill story. To say you let go of the gas, coasted, and your car catapulted from 80 to nearly 140... it's insulting. Not that it's a defense anyways.

thanks for the reply bend.

sorry for the confusion, i didnt let go of the gas pedal. what i meant was just steady on the pedal while going downhill, which i know is a stupid thing to do. while i did step on more to when i was going back to the right lane to safely pass the car infront and the black suv in the left lane. i think thats what really got me.

and this is what makes me nervous, because i wasnt caught by a radar from a roadside at the middle of the road. the black suv(which was the police) was on the left lane. so i passed him on the left lane, and i passed the car on the right lane.

Post a Reply