DavidW

Fail To Display Two Plates

by: DavidW on

I received a ticket today which stated the offense as "Drive motor vehicle. Fail to display two plates", contrary to Section 7(1)(B)(i). I read up on that section of the Highway Traffic Act but do not see any mention of having to display two plates. It does say the plates must be displayed "in accordance with the regulations". Can anyone direct me to where it says two plates must be displayed?

Thanks, dw

DavidW

by: DavidW on

Does it make any difference that the officer wrote on the ticket "Fail to display two plates", but the regulations do not state explicitly that two plates are required? The regulations states "front and rear", which does imply at least two.

I'm curious what impact the officer's written description of the offense on the ticket has on the application of the law. I believe he did record the correct section of the Highway Traffic Act which might be all that matters.

-Thanks

ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

Unknown offence fatal error? Maybe but I don't see the logic in this one. Maybe if you had 2 plates side by side on the rear of the vehicle would be enough to make the charge as written not make any sense...but that's not what happened.

Post a Reply