A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

kyle

G2 Driver Bac Over Zero (31mg) Should I Fight It

by: kyle on

so new years eve i went out drinking with some buddies and stayed the night in the morning i proceeded to drive home where i was stopped doing 102km in an 80km zone the officer immediately asked for a breathalizer and i blew .031 (under warn but over zero) i that i against the law however i will not be able to pay for insurance if i plead guilty. i was only fined for being over zero not for speeding he kinda cut me a break their...... also when my parents came to get me he took down my dads info and gave him my drivers license back (kept my dads) he realised and stopped my mother and gave her my dads license but never asked to have my license back. At the moment i have a 24h suspension $110 fine i don't know if i get a 30 day suspension. just would like to know if u guys think i have a reasonable chance of getting it reduced or something since i did stay the night i have never had a ticket, warning or any other run in with the law just want some advice thanks

paul1913

by: paul1913 on

Generally convictions stay on your "driving record " for insurance purposes about 3 years.

Off the top of my head, I believe it does carry an immediate 30 day suspension for violating your G2 conditions. You should know that most suspension stay on your record for in the are of 6 years. You can try to contest it but you will have to prove that the alco test wasn't functioning properly and wasn't calibrated. They are recalibrated ever week or so.

If in your area you have First Attendance Meeting I'd suggest going as there is nothing to lose.

In the end, dont drink and drive.

kyle

by: kyle on

yes i know you shouldn't drink and drive i had no idea it was still in my system as i said i stayed the night assuming that it would be gone by the next morning

you don't think their is any chance of saying that i did exercise caution by staying the night (that's what they always teach us call a cab have a dd or stay the night) i had no idea of knowing that i their was still alcohol in my system

i don't particularly want to fight the breathalizer because i imagine it was working fine i just feel like i did what the police say to do by staying the night and it wasn't good enough

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”