Ontario Highway Traffic Act - Failing to signal
theusualsuspects

Not Sure If I Can Fight This Or Not

by: theusualsuspects on

I was driving on a 2 lane street approaching an intersection with a traffic light when i noticed construction immediately after the light that took away the right lane. It was a green light so i looked ahead and all the cars were advancing through. It was not a heavily trafficked time as there were about 4 or 5 cars in front of me. Directly in front of me was a work car of some kind with one of those steel caged trailers attached to it like the ones that gardeners use. I flipped on my signal and slowly proceeded to merge into the left lane to avoid the construction ahead. Unbeknownst to me, the truck in front of me was turning left but had no signal indicating so. I tried to stop the car but ended up bumping into the back corner of the steel trailer. The front left side of my car got pretty beat up as well. The trailer was not damaged as well. Once the cop was called to the scene, he charged me with an unsafe lane change. The cop was not at the scene and just gave me the ticket based on the stories from me and the truck driver. So i have 2 questions

1) do i have a case to remove the lane change ticket?

2) Do i have a case for charging the truck driver for repairs (more of a longshot, i realize.)

Cheers! :)

Post a Reply