Faullken

Insurance Question

by: Faullken on

Hey guys,

I used the search feature but I couldn't find anything to answer my question. Maybe it's there, and I'm just forum illiterate.

Anyways, I had a question about car insurance rates. I know that insurance holds on to your convictions for 3-5 years after the conviction date. I'm headed to school in September so I won't need to drive anywhere. My question is:

-If I stop paying for car insurance, and not drive for a couple of years, when I start paying again, is that when my 3 to 5 years will start? Or will those years of unpaid insurance count?

-If I don't drive at all, should I stop insuring myself? Or do I have to keep paying insurance to lower my rates over the years?

Thanks!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

I think insurance companies are usually just concerned with your last 3 calendar years of drivng history. They do also favourably consider all of your continuous years of insured driving because those years, if collision free, also form part of your driving history for them, but i dont think that necessarily means they look negatively on uninsured time.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
viper1

by: viper1 on

An Insurance company uses your history to base your charge.

If you start buying at 19 or 23 it is the same start.:ie like new!

If you don't want to pay through the nose "later" get apartment "insurance".

Or added to a good driver,s car.

In a nutshell you only get to be a nine star driver with them if you have paid for 9 or more years.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply