Sale of rebuilt air bags prohibited
71.1 (1) No person shall sell, offer or advertise for sale, or have in the persons possession with intent to sell, a rebuilt air bag. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
Rebuilding air bags prohibited
(2) No person shall rebuild an air bag. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
Installation of rebuilt air bags prohibited
(3) No person shall install a rebuilt air bag in a motor vehicle. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
(4) Every person who contravenes subsection (1), (2) or (3) or who contravenes or fails to comply with a regulation made under clause (5) (c) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable,
(a) for a first offence, to a fine of not less than $1,000 and not more than $5,000; and
(b) for each subsequent offence, to a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $20,000. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
(5) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations,
(a) defining "rebuilt air bag" for the purpose of this section;
(b) prescribing the activities that constitute or do not constitute rebuilding an air bag for the purpose of this section;
(c) prescribing methods and standards for installing air bags, other than rebuilt air bags, and requiring all persons or any class of persons to comply with the methods and standards;
(d) exempting any class of persons, any class of air bags, other than rebuilt air bags, and any class of motor vehicle from any provision of a regulation made under clause (c) and prescribing conditions for any such exemptions;
(e) respecting any other matter that the Lieutenant Governor in Council considers necessary or advisable in connection with this section. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
Regulation that incorporates another document
(6) A regulation made under clause (5) (c) that incorporates another document by reference may provide that the reference to the document includes amendments made to the document from time to time after the regulation is made. 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, s. 20.
See: 2002, c. 18, Sched. P, ss. 20, 46 (1).
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"
www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest