Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Disobey Lane light
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:15 pm 

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get some advise. This morning, at Markham, Ontario, I was turning right at red lights and saw a couple of cop cars and a truck on the right. One of the cop was talking to the driver of the truck and the other cop stopped me and asked me to pull over. While I was was stopping, he pulled over another car right behind be and asked him to pull over in the front. He then came to me and said that I did not stop at the red lights and that I made a rolling right turn. I said that I remember stopping at the lights before I made the turn. He got my papers and said that he'll see what he can do.

He came back and gave me the ticket and said that he reduced it to 'disobey lane light' which is only $110 fine and no points instead of 'Red lights - failed to stop' and that I can choose option (2) to talk to the prosecutor and he will bring it down to $60 with no points. I thanked him and left.

1) Should I go to court and fight the ticket or select option (2) to talk to prosecutor?
2) What are the chances of the ticket being thrown if I go to court? What is the proof that I did not stop (usually I do stop at red lights)
3) Will this affect my insurance? (unfortunately, i had 2 speeding tickets in last 3 years in more than 20 years of driving experience)

Any advise will help..

Thanks in advance...

Re: Disobey Lane light
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:27 pm 

Insurance are not interested in points, its only for the MTO, and your ability ot have a license

a conviction, is a conviction and as such is liable to effect your insurance,

convictions are rated as minor major and serious,

so unless you can get the ticket thrown out, that is the only way it will NOT effect your insurance

chickeni wrote:
He came back and gave me the ticket and said that he reduced it to 'disobey lane light' which is only $110 fine and no points instead of 'Red lights - failed to stop' and that I can choose option (2) to talk to the prosecutor and he will bring it down to $60 with no points. I thanked him and left.
3) Will this affect my insurance? (unfortunately, i had 2 speeding tickets in last 3 years in more than 20 years of driving experience)

* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm 

Should I ask for trial?

If I happen to go to trial, any chance of JP changing the charge to 'Red Light - failed to stop' with increase fine and points?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:59 am 

from my understanding;

option 2 is a one on one with the prosecutor, who will look over your file and make you an offer (if one is available)
you can accept ot or not. if not, you can then go to trial

chickeni wrote:
Should I ask for trial?

If I happen to go to trial, any chance of JP changing the charge to 'Red Light - failed to stop' with increase fine and points?

Thanks

* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 pm 

bobajob wrote:
from my understanding;

option 2 is a one on one with the prosecutor, who will look over your file and make you an offer (if one is available)
you can accept ot or not. if not, you can then go to trial

chickeni wrote:
Should I ask for trial?

Thanks

Hopefully buddy doesnt show up in court