Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
junkyman98

Disobey Stop Sign

by: junkyman98 on

I got my ticket for "disobey stop sign -Fail to stop" at the residential area.

On Sunday morning around 9:30AM I drove at the residentail area and proceed to a stop sign. So I stop for less than 2 sec. then take off but I was driving slow. Then the officer pulled me over for Disobey stop sign- Fail to Stop HTA Sec. 136(1)(a) with $110 fine.

How would I fight for this ticket as HTA did not state how long you have to stop for at the stop sign. I do proceed driving with caution and under the speed limited.

I do not want to plea guilty and receive 3 demerit points. I have over 10 year clean driving record.

Please advise. Thank you all.

Bookm

by: Bookm on

Last edited by Bookm on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FiReSTaRT

by: FiReSTaRT on

hwybear wrote:
Bookm wrote:

2nd one I can not open at all, think it's based on a cheap program of some sorts

I think it's called MS Office :lol: Stick with OpenOffice guys.. 100% free, handles all file formats, flawless export to PDF, what else do you need?

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Bookm

by: Bookm on

hwybear wrote:you trying to confuse people? that is from the US (citation, discovery, sec 36, etc..)

Yah, I was a complete "newb" when I wrote that. Pretty-much just discovered the internet and forums around that time. Nothing but American sites on traffic back then.

Definitely should visit Ticketcombats site for "proper" terms and procedures.

www.ticketcombat.com

".doc" is a Word document

ASCII version http://www3.sympatico.ca/sean.kathy/Clo ... ments3.txt

On a side note, JP's don't expect defendants to know all the in's and out's of a trial. Don't think you have to look all slick and polished. Might even backfire. I have had great success just stumbling along through the process.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

I only have MS Office...did not want to open :?

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
FiReSTaRT

hwybear wrote:I only have MS Office...did not want to open :?

A Microsoft product not doing what it's designed to? I'm SHOCKED :roll: When I was a child, playing on my C=>64, I dreamed of buying a laptop preloaded with Vista. After a couple of months' "use" I couldn't contain my excitement with another fine Microsoft product, wiped it off, installed Linux and never looked back :twisted:

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
FiReSTaRT

P.S. It opens up in OpenOffice without any issues 8)

Your Worship,

- It is common knowledge that a defendant is to be assumed innocent until proven guilty.

- The prosecution, in my opinion, has NOT been successful in Proving Without a Reasonable Doubt that this offence has occurred.

- Acting in my own defense to this charge, I have identified (2) clear problems with the peoples case, either one of which should have this charge dismissed against me.

Post a Reply