A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Reflections, bend, Decatur

Faraad99

Posting Awards

Tickets Falling Off From Record, Will I Get Cheaper Insurance?

by: Faraad99 on

Hello,

Currently I have 6 speeding tickets (I know That's me being an idiot). Good news is 3 of my tickets fall off in the next 2 months. With 3 speeding tickets (Minor) Will i still qualify for normal insurance rates or is 3 still above the normal Insurance requirement. The next 2 fall off in May of next year where I will be left with 1 ticket.

Also, can insurance companies hold tickets that are 3+ years old against me?

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Insurance providers will generally use the last 3 years for the purpose of calculating rates. However, they will always remain on your record.

For example, a new provider might ask you for your history beyond 3 years. It could be something like 5 years for non criminal and 10 for criminal. In that case, you'd have to disclose that information.

Whether or not you'll get back into a normal insurance plan is somewhat up to the provider and whether or not they consider you a risk.

This is one of those things where you'd just have to call around.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

If you're shopping for a new policy and requesting quotes, you might be asked to disclose certain information that extends past 3 years or give certain information that paints a clearer picture of your history (e.g. Have you been booted from a policy). It doesn't mean you'll be issued a surcharge for those older convictions, just that you'd have to disclose that information upfront if it is asked of you.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”