bimmer

Posting Awards

Starting A New Insurance Policy

by: bimmer on

Hello, this may be the wrong spot to post this and I'm sorry if it is. If I where to start a new policy with a different company than i am currently with now, (while my ticket is waiting for trial) would the company find out about the ticket at all before the renewal a year from now?

dude

Posting Awards

by: dude on

If you never had your trial yet, then your driving abstract is clean because you have not been convicted of the offense yet.

So no when your insurance company asks if you have ever been convicted of a driving offense in the last 3 years you tell them no. On your next renewal if the insurance companies request an abstract they can see when you were convicted and they will raise your insurance accordingly.

But you are doing nothing wrong by telling them that you have no driving convictions.

bimmer

Posting Awards

by: bimmer on

dude wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:40 pm

If you never had your trial yet, then your driving abstract is clean because you have not been convicted of the offense yet.

So no when your insurance company asks if you have ever been convicted of a driving offense in the last 3 years you tell them no. On your next renewal if the insurance companies request an abstract they can see when you were convicted and they will raise your insurance accordingly.

But you are doing nothing wrong by telling them that you have no driving convictions.

What are the chances if them doing a check before the renewal?

dude

Posting Awards

by: dude on

It is very common they do a check during ever renewal. But obviously from a business stand point it can get very costly to do a check on ever policy holder. So usually they will go for red flags but even if you are a clean driver there is still about a 50/50 chance they might just do the check anyways a company procedure.

Post a Reply